Abundant Life Crusades
|JESUS GIVES US THREE
Matthew 24:12-14 King James Version (KJV)
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
In this outline we list three wonderful assurances from the Lord for our walk of faith. God has given us many assurances or certainties for our life in following Him, but we have chosen only three wonderful assurances to encourage us in our walk.
I. THOSE THAT KEEP (ENDURE) THEIR FAITH SHALL BE SAVED!
A. What a wonderful assurance being saved.
B. To whom is this salvation offered? It is offer to all who come, call and receive from the Lord.
1. John 6:37 (KJV) All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
2. Romans 10:13 (KJV) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
3. Matthew 7:7-8 (KJV) 7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
C. He did not say if you succeed but if you will endure. Philippians 3:14 (KJV) I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
D. On that Last Day God will not ask you, how much? How big? How great? He will ask only How Faithful?
1. Faithfulness is God's measuring stick.
2. Faithfulness is greatest with God.
3. Let us press on and endure unto the end.
II. JESUS GIVES THE ASSURANCE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT.
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
A. All nations and people will hear the Good News!
1. The Church is fulfilling this work.
a. The greatest joy we can have is when we are saved and the assurance of sins forgiven and confirmed in our hearts by His Spirit and Word.
b. The next greatest joy is telling and then winning a soul to Christ.
c. This joy gives strength. Nehemiah 8:10 (KJV) ......for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
B. When we are fulfilling the commission we have the assurance of accomplishment.
III. JESUS GIVES US THE ASSURANCE OF COMPLETION: "Then the end shall come."
A. I cannot say it better than the words of Paul:
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-58 (KJV) 51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
B. The Christian's victory over death, through Christ
- 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (KJV) 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
C. What can be more complete assurance than the Words of Jesus?
- Revelation 22:12 (KJV) 12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be
1. Let us walk the walk of faith following Jesus every day.
2. In my surrender to the Lord many years ago I said these words that I never have regretted.
"Lord, I will go where you want me to go, I will do what you want me to do and I will be what you want me to be."
God bless you and yours!