Destroy the Works of the Devil!
-1 John 3:8 (KJV) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil
sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was
manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Jesus did not come to break the stronghold that the devil had on the
human race, but to destroy the works of the devil. Something broken can
be put back together, however, when something is destroyed it can never
be put back together. Jesus came to set us free from the power of the
enemy, the devil.
- John 8:32 (KJV) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make
- John 8:36 (KJV) If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be
I. What did Jesus come to destroy? First, the power of sin.
A. He laid down His Life, shedding His blood to destroy the power of sin
in our lives.
- Hebrews 9:22 (KJV) And almost all things are by the law purged with
blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
B. John 8:36 (KJV) If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be
II. Destroy sickness with His ministry and life. He paid the price.
A. - 1 Peter 2:24 (KJV) Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on
the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness:
by whose stripes ye were healed.
B. Sickness comes from the devil, cancer etc.
1. I believe that every evil thing comes from the devil and
2. Every good thing comes from God. James 1:17 Every good
gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the
Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of
3. Divine healing comes from God and is good with the price
paid in full by the stripes of Jesus.
4. However, many times we open the door to sickness by not
taking care of the temple of the Holy Spirit, which is every born again
- 1 Cor 6:19 (KJV) What? know ye not that your body is the
temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye
are not your own?
III. Destroy poverty.
- 2 Cor 8:9 (KJV) For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that,
though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through
his poverty might be rich.
A. God does expect you and I all to be millionaires, but He does want to
meet all our needs.
- Philippians 4:19 (KJV) But my God shall supply all your need according
to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
B. God's plan though is for us to put Him first.
- Matthew 6:33 (KJV) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his
righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
C. His Will seems to be the same for us.
- 3 John 1:2 (KJV) Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest
prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
IV. From all fear. Jesus came to destroy fear and through His Word
give us faith
- 2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV) For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but
of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
A. We need not fear anything from the devil.
1. We are not to fear demon power.
2. Witchcraft. Black magic and all the black arts.
a. We also should avoid these things and live and
walk in the Spirit and Word.
3. Nor any of the evil crafts. Why not! 1 John 4:4 (KJV) Ye
are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because . greater
is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
V. Destroy the devil.
When Robinson Crusoe's good man Friday asked him, "Why doesn't God
destroy the devil?" Robinson Crusoe gave him the right answer, the only
answer, the great answer. He said, "God will destroy him."
- Rev 20:10 (KJV) And the devil that deceived them was cast into the
lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are,
and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
- Rev 20:14 (KJV) And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.
This is the second death.
- Rev 20:15 (KJV) And whosoever was not found written in the book of
life was cast into the lake of fire.
A. Let us open our hearts to all God has for us. Do not give any place
to the enemy and be filled with he Holy Spirit.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
ęCopyright 2002-2021 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles