LIGHT, FEAR OR FAITH!
- 2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV) For God
has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love
and of a sound mind.
Darkness cannot exist where there is light and fear cannot
exist where there is faith.
I. If fear does not come from God then it comes from the
A. Every good thing comes from God.
- James 1:17 (KJV) Every good gift and every perfect gift is from
above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom
is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
II. Jesus said the bad things come
from the devil.
- John 10:10 (KJV) The thief cometh not, but for to
steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they
might have life, and that they might have it more
III. FAITH COMES FIRST FROM GOD .
A. IT IS A GIFT WE RECEIVE WHEN WE ARE SAVED.
1. Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every
man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly
than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as
God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
2. We are saved by faith.
- Galatians 3:26 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not
of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
3. Faith does not operate in the realm of the possible. There is no glory
for God in that which is humanly possible. Faith begins
where man's power ends. George Muller
4. IT COMES ALSO THROUGH HEARING, READING, STUDYING AND SPEAKING THE WORD
- Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the
word of God.
IV. How do we move from darkness to light, fear to
A. When I walk into a dark room I flip the light switch.
The darkness flees.
B. When we speak the Word the fear leaves.
1. This is how we resist the devil. Since he is the author of fear he has
to take his fear and lies with him when he flees.
- James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and
he will flee from you.
2. Satan promises the best, but pays with the worst;
he promises honor and pays with disgrace;
he promises pleasure and pays with pain;
he promises profit and pays with loss;
he promises life and pays with death.
3. Faith is not merely your holding on to God--it is God holding on to
you. He will not let you go!
4. Sometimes the Lord calms the storm. Sometimes he lets the storm rage
and calms his child.
LET US TURN ON THE SWITCH OF FAITH AND
CAST OFF THE SPIRIT OF FEAR.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit: