Proverbs 11:30 (KJV) The fruit of the righteous is a tree
of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
I. The first reason is if you want wisdom, you will win
A. James 1:5 (KJV) If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that
giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it
shall be given him.
1. Ask God for wisdom how to share your testimony.
II. Jesus said to win the lost.
- Mark 16:15 (KJV) And he said unto them, Go ye into all
the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
A. We do this first as the Paul the apostle did and that is sharing your
testimony, telling what God has done for you.
1. Then, if they are receiving you, share what they need to
do with the Word of God. Lead them to Jesus.
2. The least we can do, is invite them to your Bible
believing church after you share what the Lord has done for
3. Never rely on the cleverness of your testimony, but on the
Holy Spirit and remember: Don't unsay with your life what
you say with your tongue.
III. The soul is the greatest worth.
- Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall
gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
A. One soul has more value than the whole world. God puts this value on
1. You and I are precious in the sight of God.
2. This is the reason why we are wise to win souls.
IV. There is nothing that brings such joy in heaven as
- Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in
heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety
and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
- Luke 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in
the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that
V. It will bring joy and strength to you when you win a
- Nehemiah 8:10: for this day is holy unto our Lord:
neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your
A. My wife and I have been winning souls through the Gospel in over 125
countries for 60 years and I am asked how have we are able
to keep going. Next to my own personal experience of
Salvation, the greatest joy I have experienced is winning a
soul. Praise God He has helped us lead many thousands
of souls and it brings the joy that I believe has kept Marge
and me going.
1. All Glory to God! Joy is the by-product of obedience.
a. Where then is real joy found? -- the
answer is simple, in Christ alone.