THE THREE GOOD CHEERS OF JESUS TO YOU!
We live in the midst of a troubled, depressed world. One of The
recurring commands of Christ that I find in God's Word is the
Command "be of good cheer." I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST
WAS A GLOOMY, DEPRESSED, ALWAYS SERIOUS PERSON BUT I BELIEVE HE
HAD A SMILE ON HIS FACE AND "GOOD CHEER" IN HIS HEART! Further,
I Believe it is God's will for His people, to have a smile on
our face and "good cheer" in our hearts. These ‘three cheers’ to
you from Jesus will not only encourage you but will cause you to
be an over comer. I remember when I was in high school sports,
sometimes our team would be down in score and in spirit. Then we
would hear the cheerleaders leading the fans in different cheers
for us. It would give us a lift to play with all our hearts.
Jesus is leading the hosts of heaven in cheers for us. Romans
8:31. If God be for us who then can be against us!
I. Cheer Number One:
- Mat 9:2b... Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.
WHAT A GLORIOUS FACT, OUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN!
A. The greatest happiness a person can experience is the joy of
B. Receiving Christ is the greatest miracle you can receive as it makes
you part of the family of God. John 1;12 But as many as received
him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to
them that believe on his name:
II. Cheer Number Two:
Jesus is always there it even in the midst of a storm!
- Mat 14:27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of
good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
A. The background of this statement is that the disciples were out on a
storm tossed sea.it was the "fourth watch of the night," the
darkest and most depressing period of the night.
1. They were in the boat, rowing and fighting for their very
lives and things looked the darkest, Jesus came walking to them
on the storm tossed sea and said, "be of good cheer, it is I; be
2. Can you imagine the relief that must have come upon the
twelve that night? They knew that everything would be all right;
Jesus was there with them.
B. You may be in the midst of the worst storm of your life this very day.
You may be fighting for your very life and it seems like there
is no way that you are going to make it. You need to listen very
carefully you will hear the voice of Jesus say to you,” be of
good cheer, it is I; be not afraid."
III. Cheer number Three:
We cannot lose for winning.
- John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye
might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be
of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
A. We can do it because he did it! He paid the price! He overcame the
world, we can overcome the world.
1. A GLORIOUS REALITY; JESUS HAS OVERCOME THE WORLD AND WE
CAN WALK IN THAT FREEDOM AND POWER!
B. Be of good cheer, the world has already been overcome for you and you
just need to begin to walk in your God-given power, anointing
1. RISE UP AND BE WHAT GOD CALLED YOU TO BE; WALK IN THE
AUTHORITY THAT BELONGS TO YOU, IN JESUS' NAME!!!
- Neh 8:10 KJV... for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither
be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
BE OF GOOD CHEER’
The 3 Withouts gives us the 3 With!
- Hebrews 9:22 22 And almost all things are by the law purged
with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
- 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light,
we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus
Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Jesus blood shed for our Salvation. On the cross He shed it all
for us. The blood of Christ is forever innocent, infinitely
precious, perfectly justifying, always cleansing and fully
- Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him:
for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he
is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
- you can do all things.
1. Why? Because when you came to Christ He gave you faith.
- Romans 12:3b... but to think soberly, according as God hath
dealt to every man the measure of faith.
2. We have faith but use it.
- Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all
things are possible to him that believeth.
- John 15:55 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth
in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for
WITH OUT ye can do nothing.
- Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which
- Romans 8:31, 37, (KJV) What shall we then say to these things?
If God be for us, who can be against us?
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him
that loved us.
WE ARE DEPENDENT IN WHAT CHRIST HAS PAID FOR OUR SALVATION.
WITHOUT HIM WE CAN DO NOTHING!
God bless you and
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
Tony and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades