Godís Workmanship in
this sermon outline we share nine works of God in our lives to make us
what He wants us to be. He always wants good things for His Children and
we are His workmanship when we permit Him to have His own way in our
Ephesians 2:8-11 (KJV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of
yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man
should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus
unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk
in them. 11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles
in the flesh, who are called uncircumcision by that which is called
the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
I. We are made sons of
- John 1:12 (KJV) But as many as received him, to them gave he power to
become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
A. Receiving Christ brings us into the Kingdom of God.
1. As sons of God we become joint heirs with Christ.
- Romans 8:17 (KJV) And if children, then heirs; heirs of
God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that
we may be also glorified together.
2. Everything is ours too. Wow!
II. We are made the
children of God
- Galatians 3:26 (KJV) For ye are all the children of God by faith
in Christ Jesus.
A. Godís Spirit give us assurance that we are His children.
- Romans 8:16-18 (KJV) 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our
spirit, that we are the children of God.
B. His Peace give us peace we can share.
- Matthew 5:9 (KJV) Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called
the children of God.
C. We are His children by faith.
- Galatians 3:26 (KJV) For ye are all the children of God by faith in
D. Because He lives we are children of the resurrection.
- Luke 20:36 (KJV) Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto
the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the
III. We are made the
servants of God
- Matthew 25:21 (KJV) His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and
faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make
thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
A. A servant follows his Master.
1. Not always easy to follow the Master.
- Luke 9:23 (KJV) And he said to them all, If any man will
come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and
IV. We are made God's
- 1 Corinthians 1:2 (KJV) Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to
them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all
that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both
theirs and ours:
A. We are called to be saints of God.
1. Saints will judge the world.
- 1 Corinthians 6:3 (KJV) Know ye not that we shall judge
angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
2. We are part of Godís household and fellow citizens.
- Ephesians 2:19 (KJV) Now therefore ye are no more strangers
and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household
3. As saints we will return with Him,
- Jude 1:14 (KJV) And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam,
prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands
of his saints,
V. We are made God's
- 1 Thessalonians 2:10 (KJV) Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily
and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:
A. We are to be living for Him.
- 1 Timothy 6:12 (KJV) Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal
life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good
profession before many witnesses.
1. He give us the power to be witnesses.
- 1 Timothy 6:12 (KJV) Fight the good fight of faith, lay
hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed
a good profession before many witnesses.
2. A good witness isn't like a salesman; emphasis is on a
person rather than a product. A good witness is like a signpost. It
doesn't matter whether it is old, young, pretty, ugly; it has to point
the right direction and be able to be understood. We are witnesses to
Christ, we point to him. John White
3. "Millions of surveys which we have helped to take around
the world indicate that approximately 98 percent of the Christians do
not regularly introduce others to the Savior." Bill Bright
VI. We are made
workers together with God
- 2 Corinthians 6:1 (KJV) We then, as workers together with him,
beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
A. I believe we become workers with when we take His yoke.
- Matthew 11:29-30 (KJV) 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I
am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
VII. We are called to
a high calling
- Philippians 3:14 (KJV) I press toward the mark for the prize of the
high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
A. We are all called but all do not respond.
- Romans 11:29 (KJV) For the gifts and calling of God are without
1. The calling is forever.
2. It is a heavenly calling.
- Hebrews 3:1 (KJV) Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of
the heavenly calling, ÖÖ.
VIII. We are called to
a holy calling
- 2 Timothy 1:9 (KJV) Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy
calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose
and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
A. We are to walk in this holy calling.
- 1 Peter 1:15-16 (KJV) 15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be
ye holy in all manner of conversation; 16 Because it is written, Be ye
holy; for I am holy.
B. We can do this if we follow Paulís exhortation.
- Romans 12:1-3 (KJV) 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies
of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable
unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to
this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye
may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God
IX. We are called to a
- Hebrews 3:1 (KJV) Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly
calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ
A. When we see Him we want to be like Him.
- 1 Corinthians 15:49 (KJV) And as we have borne the image of the earthy,
we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
B. Let us reflect that heavenly calling trying to be like Him.
- Matthew 5:48 (KJV) Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which
is in heaven is perfect.
For more help and info go to
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit: