12 Certainties of
the Word of God
The Bible is a window in this
prison-world, through which we may look into eternity. There are
more but here is a few to rejoice over.
- Matthew 24:35 (KJV) Heaven and earth shall pass away,
but my words shall not pass away.
A. Jesus wants to share that eternity with us.
- John 5:24 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my
word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life,
and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death
- Psalms 119:89 (KJV) For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled
A. God is unchanging as well.
- Malachi 3:6 (KJV) For I am the LORD, I change not;
- John 14:6 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the
truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
A. Bible truth leads to eternal life.
- John 6:63 ...the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and
they are life.
- Psalms 119:11 (KJV) Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that
I might not sin against thee.
A. What a treasure we have through His Word.
- 2 Corinthians 4:7 (KJV) But we have this treasure in earthen
vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not
- Hebrews 4:12 (KJV) For the word of God is quick, and
powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to
the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and
marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the
A. The Work can cut the sin out of our lives, break bondage and set the
VI. Gives Light.
- Psalms 119:105 (KJV) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,
and a light unto my path.
A. Some people change their ways when they see the light, others only
when they feel the heat.
VII. Gives Hope.
- Psalms 130:5 (KJV) I wait for the LORD, my soul doth
wait, and in his word do I hope.
A. There are no hopeless situations; there are only people who have grown
hopeless about them.
VIII. Keeps us from
- Psalms 119:11 (KJV) Thy word have I hid in mine heart,
that I might not sin against thee.
A. His Word is His perfect Will for our lives.
- John 15:3 (KJV) Now ye are clean through the word which I
have spoken unto you.
- Proverbs 30:5 (KJV) Every word of God is pure: he is a
shield unto them that put their trust in him.
A. We are sanctified through His Word.
X. Jesus is the Living
- John 1:1 (KJV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word
was with God, and the Word was God.
A. The written Word will create the Living Word in our lives if we
receive Christ as our personal saviour.
XI. World was Created.
- Hebrews 11:3 (KJV) Through faith we understand that the
worlds were framed by the word of God,
A. God’s Word has creative power.
XII. Longevity (Long
- Proverbs 4:10 (KJV) Hear, O my son, and receive my
sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many.
A. He wants to give us life.
- Psalms 91:15 (KJV) He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I
will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
1. The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that
we wait so long to begin it. It is only one life we have that
soon will be past, only the things done for Christ will last.