STEPS TO CHRISTIAN
MATURITY BY GROWING THROUGH THE WORD!
In this sermon outline we list the reasons and ways that we can be
fruitful and receive the blessings of the Lord and some of the ways
we can and will grow to be more like HIM.
- 1 Pet 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word,
that ye may grow thereby
- Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some,
evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
- Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the
ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
- Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the
knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of
the stature of the fulness of Christ:
I. We are to be like Jesus and this can come about as we live the
Word of God.
1. My wife sings a song 'To be like Jesus is all that I ask." It should
be our prayer too.
2. Grow up in Him!
- Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and
carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men,
and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
- Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all
things, which is the head, even Christ:
3. We never are supposed to stop growing.
a. Some times we go through the valley or through dry places
but if we wait on the Lord He will give us the times of refreshing.
We do not want to be 'cry babies'.
b. We want to be strong in Christ. Eph 6:10 (KJV) Finally, my
brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
II. WE NEED TO GROW IN HIS GRACE!
- 2 Pet 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and
Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever.
1. We are to keep growing in His knowledge.
2. Keep growing in His Grace.
III. There steps I believe that will lead us into CHRISTIAN
MATURITY AND GROWTH that will make us fruitful.
1. Exposure to the scriptures is revealed through teaching, preaching,
films, examples, good works, conversations, healing, answers to
prayers, or any means you are able to see the benefits of a mature
relationship with Christ.
a. A closed mind impedes our ability to see the entire will
b. We need to keep our hearts open to God, His Word and the
working of the Holy Spirit.
c. We should assemble ourselves often with God's people.
- Heb 10:25 (KJV) Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves
together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and
so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
2.We must be Aware of the presence of the Lord!
- Matthew 28:20 ........ and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end
of the world. Amen.
a. He will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER leave us
1. We often hear the expression "The Holy Spirit
fell in the service." Or that the "Power of God was in our service."
What happens is that we become aware of His presence. He is always
there, but that happens is when we open our hearts (expose our
hearts) to Him, we become AWARE of His presence and Spirit.
2. He is there all the time.
3. An old Chorus we once sang was:
Standing somewhere in the shadows
you'll find Jesus,
He's the Friend who always cares and
Standing somewhere in the shadows you
will find Him
And you'll know Him by the nail
prints in His hands.
4. We need to just look He is always there.
3. WE NEED TO HAVE OPEN HEARTS TO RECEIV E!
a. All of God's gifts are good, just like His Word.
- James 1:17 (KJV) Every good gift and every perfect gift is
from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is
no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
b. We should ask God to give us open hearts. One of the 3
things I tell people in Church, Seminars or Bible Training Schools
is to pray "God give me ears to hear, mind to understand and a heart
to believe the Word of God."
4. We need to be involved in Gods Work!
a. We are all called to give the Good News, Jesus told the
whole church to do so in Mark 16:15 and in Acts 1:8.
b. When believers are involved in Gods' Work and Church they
will grow and mature. I am sorry to say that in some of the 'Super
Churches' that some people go only to hide and not be involved.
c. No involvement of any kind will result in poor or no
d. Even in giving testimony it results in blessing.
e. A sign of a growing Christian is one who is willing to
seek to produce fruit.
5. Development: Take opportunity to utilize your gifts and discover and
develop what unique gifts God has given you.
a. If we give out and use what God has given us, it will
b. A kingdom promise is Luke 6:38 (KJV) Give, and it shall be
given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and
running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same
measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
6. Make Disciples. As we grow we should take opportunities to lead, feed,
and enable others to become disciples.
a. When we win or make a disciple we are not only adding but
it will lead to multiplication of the Work of God.
7. Most important is to imitate Christ!
a. The highest level of maturity is experienced when one
becomes like Jesus in attitudes, perspectives, and actions. Most of
the problems of life could be solved if people became more like the
Master. From Christ comes all goodness, power, and truth. It is not
what is on the outside of a person that defiles one, but what comes
from within. We are able to do everything that God asks us to do
through Christ who gives us the strength and power! We need people
see how Christ is producing fruit through our life.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
ęCopyright 2016 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles