In this sermon outline we share 7
different calls from God to our hearts and live to give us strength
to run the race and have the victory in our lives. Many times we are
so busy we do not here God calling.
I. Called from labor to rest.
- Matthew 11:28 (KJV) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy
laden, and I will give you rest.
A. One reason He calls us to rest is to learn of Him and to lean on
Him. Matthew 11:29-30 (KJV) 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of
me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto
your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
B. He do want us to work but also rest so we can go back to work.
"The hardest thing about milking cows," observed a farmer, " is that
they never stay milked.
II. Called from death to life.
- 1 John 3:14 (KJV) We know that we have passed from death unto
life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother
abideth in death.
A. We can know we have this life. We know that we have passed from
death unto life…
B. This life is abundant and eternal.
1. Death is not extinguishing the light from the Christian; it is
putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
2. God buries His workmen, but not His work.
III. Called from bondage to liberty.
- Galatians 5:13 (KJV) For, brethren, ye have been called unto
liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by
love serve one another.
A. Jesus makes us free first through TRUTH and second by He setting
1. John 8:32 (KJV) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall
make you free. John 8:36 (KJV) If the Son therefore shall make you
free, ye shall be free indeed.
IV. Called out of darkness into
- 1 Peter 2:9 (KJV) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal
priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew
forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into
his marvellous light:
A. Matthew 5:14 (KJV) Ye are the light of the world. A city that is
set on a hill cannot be hid.
1. We are the light because He is the Light and we are reflectors of
His Light. John 8:12 (KJV) Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying,
I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in
darkness, but shall have the light of life.
2. Some people change their ways when they see the light, others
only when they feel the heat. We need the fire of the Holy Spirit.
V. Called from bondage to peace.
- 1 Cor. 7:15 1 Corinthians 7:15 (KJV) But if the unbelieving
depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage
in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
A. He calls us from bondage to give us His peace. John 14:27 (KJV)
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world
giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let
it be afraid.
1. The world may give us problems and mountains but in the midst of
our trails He give us Peace.
2. Peace that Jesus gives is not the absence of trouble, but is
rather the confidence that He is there with you always.
3. Safety consists not in the absence of danger but in the presence
VI. Called from defeat to Victory.
1 Corinthians 15: 57 (KJV) 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us
the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
A. Even death itself. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where
is thy victory? 56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of
sin is the law. Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die
even the undertaker will be sorry.
VII. Called to the fellowship of His
- 1 Corinthians 1:9 (KJV) God is faithful, by whom ye were called
unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
A. Think of this, God want to have fellowship with us.
I want the whole Christ for my Savior, the whole Bible for my book,
the whole Church for my fellowship, and the whole world for my
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
©Copyright 2002-2020 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles