Seven I AM's
OF JESUS in the Gospel of John.
I. Jesus is the Bread of Life.
- John 6:35 (KJV) And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life:
he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall
A. Jesus is the Source of Life.
II. Jesus is the Light of the world.
- John 8:12 (KJV) Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the
light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but
shall have the light of life.
A. If we let Him, Jesus will light up our lifes.
1. Some people change their ways when they see the light,
others only when they feel the heat.
III. Jesus is the Door of salvation,
- John 10:9 (KJV) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall
be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
A. The Door is always open for sinner and saint.
IV. Jesus is the Good Shepherd
- John 10:7 (KJV) Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I
say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
A. He is the Good Shepherd that knows the name of each of His sheep,
1. He loves them all with the same love.
V. Jesus it the Way, Truth and the Life.
- John 14:6 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and
the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
A. He is not a way, truth or a life. He is the only Way, Truth and Life.
1. The sad part is that the tragedy of life is not that it
ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.
a. Life truly begins when we receive Christ.
VI. Jesus is the true Vine.
- John 15:1 (KJV) I am the true vine, and my Father is the
A. We as believers should be the 'good fruit' seen by the world, but to
do so we must abide in HIM.
VII. Jesus is the Resurrection.
- John 11:25 (KJV) Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and
the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
A. Because He lives, we can live also. Without His resurrection we have
nothing. He conquered hell, death and the grave.
CONCLUSION: Jesus said in John 14:3 (KJV) And if I go and prepare
a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where
I am, there ye may be also.
Remember when Moses heard God's Name from
the burning bush was 'I AM'. It is because He is not the great I was, or the
great going to be but the Great I AM. It is because God is unchanging.
- Malachi 3:6 (KJV) For I am the LORD,
I change not, and Hebrews 13:8 (KJV) Jesus Christ the same yesterday,
and to day, and for ever.
Everybody thinks of changing Humanity and
Nobody thinks of changing Himself. Jesus never changes but if we let Him, He
can change us. One example, the Apostle Paul who was the chief of sinners
but God changed him to the Chief of the Apostles.
Think what He can do for you.