REVIVAL YOU MAKE
2 Chr 7:14 If my people, which
are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and
turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive
their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chr 7:15 Now mine eyes shall be open, and
mine ears attend unto the prayer that is made in this place. (KJV)
I. GOD CALLS US BY SAYING ‘MY PEOPLE’!
A. This is the title God gives us.
B. We are His people when we do His Will and walk in His Word. (Acts
11:26 KJV) And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came
to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught
much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
II. WE ARE CALLED BY NAME.
- Rom 10:13 KJV For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be
- John 1:12 KJV But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the
sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
A. His people should know the authority of His Name.
1. We are saved by that Name. Acts 4:12, Romans 10:17.
2. Prayers are answered only in that Name. John 14:14
3. The devil fears that Name. Mark 16:17
III. WE MUST HUMBLE OURSELVES.
1 Pet 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that
he may exalt you in due time: (KJV)
A. You do not want to wait until God to humbles you!
1. Remember Nebuchadnezzar He was the King of Kings on earth.
- Dan 5:18 KJV O thou king, the most high God gave Nebuchadnezzar thy father a
kingdom, and majesty, and glory, and honour:
- Dan 5:19 And for the majesty that he gave him, all people, nations, and
languages, trembled and feared before him: whom he would he slew; and whom he
would he kept alive; and whom he would he set up; and whom he would he put down.
- Dan 5:20 But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride, he
was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him:
- Dan 5:21 And he was driven from the sons of men; and his heart was made like
the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild asses: they fed him with grass
like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven; till he knew that the
most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that he appointeth over it
whomsoever he will.
- Dan 5:22 And thou his son, O Belshazzar, hast not humbled thine heart, though
thou knewest all this;
- Dan 5:23 But hast lifted up thyself against the Lord of heaven; and they have
brought the vessels of his house before thee, and thou, and thy lords, thy
wives, and thy concubines, have drunk wine in them; and thou hast praised the
gods of silver, and gold, of brass, iron, wood, and stone, which see not, nor
hear, nor know: and the God in whose hand thy breath is, and whose are all thy
ways, hast thou not glorified:
- Dan 5:24 Then was the part of the hand sent from him; and this writing was
- Dan 5:25 And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL,
- Dan 5:26 This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; God hath numbered thy
kingdom, and finished it.
- Dan 5:27 TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.
- Dan 5:28 KJV PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and
- Dan 5:29 KJV Then commanded Belshazzar, and they clothed Daniel with scarlet,
and put a chain of gold about his neck, and made a proclamation concerning him,
that he should be the third ruler in the kingdom
- Dan 5:30 In that night was Belshazzar the king of the Chaldeans slain.
A. When God humbled Belshazzar grandfather, he because like a cow.
IV. WE MUST LEAR TO PRAY LIKE JESUS PRAYED!
A. In the book I wrote "Lord teach us to pray", I first deal with is
we must learn to Intercede.
- Ezek 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge,
and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I
B. Most of our prayer meetings have turned into ‘Play meetings’.
V. HE SAID WE MUST SEEK HIS FACE!
Matt 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock,
and it shall be opened unto you: John 12:21 saying, Sir, we would see Jesus.
A. To often we look to ‘Super preacher’ to bring us revival.
B. Revival comes only from God and we must make it happen.
C. Our salvation, answer prayer etc. comes when we do something.
D. What do we do? We do the Word. James said that we must be ‘doers and
not just hearers of the Word.’
VI. WE MUST TURN FROM WICKED WAYS
Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a
cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so
easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
A. Even when we come to the Lord’s Table, we are told to examine our
VII. THEN GOD SAID HE WOULD FORGIVE AND HEAL!
James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord
shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
VIII. GOD'S PROMISE TO PAY ATTENTION TO PLACE OF PRAYER AND THE PRAYER THAT
A. Concordia Argentina,
We had a great revivial because 70 believers prayed, fasted and stood on 2 Cron.
7:14-15 for 2 years. Thousands come to Christ.
B. Let us do the same and make revival happen by standing on His Promise
and do what He said to do.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit: