HOW TO PRAY THE PRAYER OF
-14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
-15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have
received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
-16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children
-17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if
so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
-1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a
servant, though he be lord of all;
-2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
-3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the
-4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a
woman, made under the law,
-5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of
-6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your
hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
-7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir
of God through Christ.
Prayers are being read, said, written by millions of people daily with out ever
getting an answer. The way prayer is answered by the true and living God is when
we pray in Faith. Most believers know this but do not know how to pray in faith
or to pray the prayer of faith. Too long people have only prayed the prayer of
hope. Hope is good but the Bible teaches us in James 5 that there is a Prayer of
Faith that brings an answer. This outline has helped thousands around the world
to see a great change in their prayers. The biggest change is that many have
received a answer to prayers made for years, now they have received.
I. WHO CAN PRAY THE PRAYER OF FAITH?
- James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? Let him pray. Is any merry? Let him
sing psalms. (KJV)
- James 5:14 Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church;
and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
- James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall
raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. (KJV)
- James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that
ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
A. THE RIGHTEOUS PERSON CAN PRAY THE PRAYER OF FAITH.
1 WHO IS RIGHTEOUS?
2 - Cor 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin;that
we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
a. We are the righteousness of God, all that
b. It is what He has done, not by our works of
B. YOU DO NOT GROW IN RIGHTEOUS.
1. This is the Work of Christ!
C. YOU DO GROW IN HOLINESS.
1. Holiness is something we work toward, Righteous is the Work He has
done in us.
- Romans 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of
your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to
iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness
- Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God,
that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which
is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye
transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good,
and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- 2 Cor 7:1 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us
cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting
holiness in the fear of God. (KJV)
- Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man
shall see the Lord:
II. HOW DOES ONE PRAY THE PRAYER OF FAITH?
A. OUR PRAYERS ARE DIRECTED TO THE FATHER.
Luke 11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in
heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven,
so in earth.
1. Jesus said so in John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name,
he will give it you.
a. He also pointed out that our prayers are directed to the
Father in His Name.
2. We do not pray to the saints, church, building, idol, Virgin Marge and
not even to Jesus Himself. We pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus. However,
we call on Jesus for Salvation, which brings us into the family of God.
a. We work, minister and live in His Name but our prayers are
directed to the Father in His Name.
Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the
name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
3. Someone may said did not Jesus say in John 14:14 If ye shall ask any
thing in my name, I will do it.
a. Yes, but He was talking about the time He was still here
on earth in His earthly body. In next two chapters we read about His going away
and another comforter would come. Then He said in John 16:23 And in that day ye
shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask
the Father in my name, he will give it you.
b. The day He was talking about was the day He would be
sitting at the right hand of the Father making intercession for us.
B. WE MUST ASK IN FAITH.
- Matt 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye
- Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things so ever ye desire, when ye
pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. (KJV)
1. Many ask in hope. Hope is good. It precedes faith but hope in the
future. Faith is now! God is the God of the NOW! He is the great I AM!
C. WE THEN MUST ASK ACCORDING TO WILL OF GOD.
- 1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of
the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may
believe on the name of the Son of God. (KJV) 1 John 5:14 And this is the
confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will,
he heareth us:
1. Godís will is Godís Word. To know the Will of God for our lives, we
must read it. It is found in the New Testament.
2. Praying about Godís Will is not enough. We must read it.
3. We need to pray the Word of God and when we do we are praying
according to His Will and we know then that He hears us.
D. WE MUST THEN HOLD FAST, HOLD ON! HOW?
1. FIRST WE MUST HAVE A POSITIVE CONFESSION
- Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without
wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) (KJV)
a. A positive confession is saying what God has said in His
2. WE MUST HAVE PATIENCE IN WAITING FOR THE ANSWER.
- Heb 6:12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through
faith and patience inherit the promises.
- Heb 6:13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear
by no greater, he sware by himself,
- Heb 6:14 Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I
will multiply thee. (KJV)
- Heb 6:15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the
- Heb 10:35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
- Heb 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the
will of God, ye might receive the promise. (KJV)
- Psalms 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not
thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth
wicked devices to pass. (KJV)
A. This is a hard thing for most people. We are a fast food people and we also
think our prayers should be like a fast food restaurant.
B. God has a perfect timing for all our requests.
III .THE PRAYER OF FAITH IS CONDITIONAL
- Mark 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against
any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
A. THE CONDITION IS FORGIVENESS.
1. WHEN WE PRAY WE MUST FIRST FORGIVE OTHERS
2. THEN YOU MUST FORGIVE YOURSELF.
a. Regrets are a form of unforgiveness. We must forget the
past and push ahead in Christ.
B. WE CAN ONLY ACCOMBLISH THIS BY LOVE.
- Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor
uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by Love.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
©Copyright 2002-2020 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles