Overcoming False Teachings and
Teachers in these last days.
We are living in a day of more
false teachings and teachers then ever since the days of Christ on earth.
2 Thes 2:9 Even him, whose coming
is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2 Thes 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish;
because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. I am
amazed by what people will believe.
I read this recently, the
following headlines were observed:
* Dinosaurs Honked Like
* Cow Mattresses Help Cows Produce More Milk
* Mother To Be On Diet Of Only Chicken, Lays Huge Egg
* WWII Bomber Found On The Moon
* Woman Gives Birth To 2 Year Old Baby: Child Walks & Talks In 3 Days
* Adam & Eve's Bones Found In Asia: Eve Was A Space Alien.
People will read and believe this
nonsense, but refuse the evidence concerning God and Jesus Christ. Mark Twain
once said that a lie could travel half way around the world while the truth is
putting on its shoes.
In this sermon outline we are
point out a few of the tricks of the devil in trying to deceive the people of
God and how we can overcome the false teachings by false teacher and recognize
the truth of God.
Our text is:
1 Tim 4:1 KJV - Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some
shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of
1 Tim 4:3 KJV - Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which
God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know
2 Pet 2:1 KJV - But there were false prophets also among the people, even as
there shall be false teachers among you, who privy shall bring in damnable
heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves
I. How do we overcome?
STUDY THE WORD OF GOD!
A. How does this help us overcome false teaching?
- 1 Pet 2:2 KJV As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word,
that ye may grow thereby:
1. We first need to desire the Word!
2. The simple milk of the Word first.
3. Then we will grow as a baby grows from the milk of the
- 2 Tim 2:15 KJV Study to show thyself approved unto God, a
workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
II. Test the message and the
2 Cor 11:14 KJV And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an
angel of light.
A. He can tell half-truths that if he could he would deceive everyone.
1. Clayton Bell once said: There are two big lies that Satan
has been perpetrating ever since the Garden of Eden. The first is that God is
mean, vindictive, a spoilsport whose main role in life is to keep us from being
fulfilled and happy--when we step out of bounds, he takes delight in making us
pay. The second lie is that God really doesn't care what we do--probably doesn't
know. And if He does, His business is to forgive us. He'll always forgive no
matter what, so it really doesn't make much difference how we live and what we
2 Cor 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we
are not ignorant of his devices.
B. How can we know what is true and what is not?
1 John 4:1 KJV Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits
whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the
1 John 4:2 KJV Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that
confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1. Turn away from every group that says Jesus is a son of
a. He is not a son He is THE SON OF GOD!
b. There are false people going out house to
house with this message. The Bible says their message
- 1 John 4:3 KJV And every spirit that confesseth
not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that
spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now
already is it in the world.
2. Can we overcome? Yes we can! 1 John 4:4 KJV Ye are of God,
little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you,
than he that is in the world.
III. We overcome daily by
growing in faith and in His Word.
A. Living by His Word is living in faith.
B. We keep adding on to our faith.
- 2 Pet 1:5 KJV And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith
virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
- 2 Pet 1:6 KJV And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience;
and to patience godliness;
- 2 Pet 1:7 KJV And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly
C. If you do this you will not be deceived by the devil.
- Eph 4:13 KJV Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the
knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature
of the fulness of Christ:
- Eph 4:14 KJV That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro,
and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and
cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
- Eph 4:15 KJV But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in
all things, which is the head, even Christ:
I cannot close this message
with any better word of exhortation than that of the Apostle Paul.
- Phil 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things
are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever
things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue,
and if there be any praise, think on these things.
- Phil 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard,
and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit: