kills but the Spirit gives Life!
In this outline we point out what we received through our Lord Jesus Christ. How
that when the LAW was given, on that day 3000 men died. However, when the Holy
Spirit came 3000 men were born again. John 1:17 (KJV) For the law was given by
Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
- John 1:17 (KJV) For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by
- 2 Cor 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of
the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth
- Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we
were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of
I. The New Testament is God's perfect Will for our lives.
A: I tell new converts this. Read God's Will and the Word daily.
II. Lets look at what happened when the Letter was given Moses.
- Ex 32:1 And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the
mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him,
Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that
brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him. Ex
32:2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the
ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.
- Ex 32:5 And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made
proclamation, and said, Tomorrow is a feast to the LORD. Ex 32:6 And they rose
up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace
offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.
A: A picture of today.
- Ex 32:7 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy
people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted
themselves: [Ex 32:8
They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have
made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto,
and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the
land of Egypt]. Ex 32:9 And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people,
and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people: Ex 32:10 Now therefore let me alone,
that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will
make of thee a great nation.
- Ex 32:11 And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth
thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the
land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand? [Ex 32:12
Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them
out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the
earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.]
- Ex 32:13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou
swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as
the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto
your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever. Ex 32:14 And the LORD repented of
the evil which he thought to do unto his people. .
III. Moses has received the 10 Commandants. The Word! The Letter!
- Ex 32:15 And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of
the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on
the one side and on the other were they written. Ex 32:16 And the tables were
the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.
- Ex 32:19 And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he
saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the
tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount.
A: Moses throws down the letter, what does it do?
- Ex 32:20 And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the
fire, and ground it to powder, and strawe it upon the water, and made the
children of Israel drink of it. .
1. The wages of sin is bitter, death follows.
- Ex 32:21 And Moses said unto Aaron, What did this people unto
thee, that thou hast brought so great a sin upon them?
- Ex 32:22 And Aaron said, Let not the anger of my lord wax hot:
thou knowest the people, that they are set on mischief.
2. Excuses do not count, Aaron even said he threw the gold into the
fire and out came the calf.
B: Separation time. Be ye separate.
- Ex 32:26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on
the LORD's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered
themselves together unto him.
- 1 Cor 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy
Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
- 2 Cor 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye
are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and
walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 2 Cor 6:17
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and
touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
- 1 Pet 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims,
abstain from fleshly lusts, which war.
C: 3,000 died on that day.
- Ex 32:28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses:
and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men. .
IV. Let us look at the day when the Spirit came.
- Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one
accord in one place. Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a
rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. Act
2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon
each of them. Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to
speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
A: People were assembled from all over the known world.
- Act 2:12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to
another, What meaneth this? Act 2:13 Others mocking said, These men are full of
B: Peter begins to preach. First minister to preach with the new
- Act 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice,
and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be
this known unto you, and hearken to my words: Act 2:15 For these are not
drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. Act 2:16 But
this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; Act 2:17 And it shall come to
pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see
visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: Act 2:18 And on my servants and on
my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall
- Act 2:19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the
earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: Act 2:20 The sun shall be
turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day
of the Lord come: Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call
on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
- Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man
approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by
him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: ...........
- Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one
of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall
receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to
your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God
shall call. Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort,
saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. .
D: Look what happened when the Spirit came.
- Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same
day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
1. Letter 3000 died, Spirit 3000 came alive. Born again.
Jesus gives life. John 10:10, John 14:6 1John 5:11-14
2. One sermon and 3,000 souls saved today we need 3,0000 sermons to win
- Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple...
- Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the
Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
V. This was the beginning of the Church, you are the temple, your are the
Church. We need to practice what the early church had.
A. It is harvest time.
- Jer 3:3 Therefore the showers have been withholden, and there hath been
no latter rain; ......
- Jer 5:24 Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our
God, that giveth rain, both the former and the latter, in his season: he
reserveth unto us the appointed weeks of the harvest.
- Hosea 6:3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his
going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain,
as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
- Joel 2:23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD
your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to
come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first
- Zech 10:1 Ask ye of the LORD rain in the time of the latter rain; so
the LORD shall make bright clouds, and give them showers of rain, to every one
grass in the field.
B. Let us do the commission of Jesus. "Go ye into all the world and
preach the Gospel!"
Letter kills but the Spirit gives Life, this life is in our Lord Jesus Christ!
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit: