Our Labor for the
Lord is Eternal!
In this sermon
outline we point out nine characteristics of our labor for the Lord in
our Christian Walk. It is not only a walk of faith but also of works
that God desires us to live. It is also a labor of victory, peace and
I. Our labor for the Lord is a labor of love.
- 1 Thessalonians 1:3 (KJV) Remembering without ceasing your work of
faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus
Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
A. All our work for the Lord should be seasoned with LOVE.
B. He loved us first.
- 1 John 4:19 (KJV) We love him, because he first loved us.
1. There is nothing you can to do make God love you more!
There is nothing you can do to make God love you less! His love is
Unconditional, Impartial, Everlasting, Infinite, Perfect! Richard C.
II. Our labor in the Lord is a labor not in vain.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 (KJV) Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye
stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord,
forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
A. We are to be stedfast, unmoveable and always abounding.
III. Our labor in the Lord is a labor known by Christ.
- Revelation 2:2 (KJV) I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy
patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast
tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them
A. He knows all about what we go through and never give us more than we
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 (KJV) There hath no temptation taken you but such
as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be
tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a
way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
IV. Our labor in the Lord is a labor God does not forget.
- Hebrews 6:10 (KJV) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and
labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have
ministered to the saints, and do minister.
A. God keeps the records.
V. Our labor in the Lord is a labor which is to be done together.
- 1 Corinthians 3:9 (KJV) For we are labourers together with God: ye are
God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building.
A. We take the cross and follow.
- Luke 9:23 (KJV) And he said to them all, If any man will come after me,
let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
B. We get in the yoke together with Him.
- Matthew 11:29 (KJV) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am
meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
VI. Our labor in the Lord is a labor for eternal things.
- Colossians 1:28-29 (KJV) 28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and
teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect
in Christ Jesus: 29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his
working, which worketh in me mightily.
A. We will reign with him and those we win to Christ forever.
- Revelation 20:6 (KJV) Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the
first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they
shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a
VII. Our labor in the Lord is a labor which is to reward.
- 1 Corinthians 3:8 (KJV) Now he that planteth and he that watereth
are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own
A. The Scriptures teach that the happiness or blessedness of believers in
a future life will be greater or less in proportion to the service of
Christ in this life. Those who love little do little; and those who do
little, enjoy less. Charles Hodge.
VIII. Our labor in the Lord is a labor done to be accepted by Him.
- 2 Corinthians 5:9 (KJV) Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or
absent, we may be accepted of him.
A. What we should always strive to do His will and our work will always
be accepted by Him.
IX. Our labor in the Lord is a labor which doesn’t have an end.
- Luke 10:2 (KJV) Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is
great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the
harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
A. Our work will not be done until the Last Day; we must keep preaching,
teaching, witnessing and living the Word of God to the Nations.
B. We need to see the harvest.
1. The harvest is great.
2. Workers are few.
a. This makes us very important.
3. We need to pray that God would send forth workers.
4. Why did He say pray that workers would go forth into the
a. I believe that when we pray that God would
send out workers that this give God an opportunity to speak to our
hearts to go.
b. May we be like Isaiah.
- Isaiah 6:8 (KJV) Also I heard the voice of the
Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I,
Here am I; send me.
c. The harvest God provides: "Seedtime and
harvest...shall not cease" (Gen. 8:22).
d. The harvest sin produces: "Whatsoever a man
soweth, that shall he also reap" (Gal. 6:7)
e. The Gospel harvest: "They (fields) are white
already to harvest" (John 4:35).
f. The harvest of judgment: "The harvest is the
end of the age" (Matt. 13:39).
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
©Copyright 2016 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles