KNOCKING AT THE RIGHT
Finding the right door in our Christian walk will lead us to the
blessings of the Lord. Finding the right door seems to be the difficulty
in most Christian lives. In this simple outline we point out how we can
find the right door to knock, to ask and to receive. In our short
reading from Matthew we see God is most willing to give us good things
for our walk with Him.
Matthew 7:7-11 (KJV)
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock,
and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh
receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it
shall be opened. 9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask
bread, will he give him a stone? 10 Or if he ask a fish, will he
give him a serpent? 11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good
gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is
in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
I. What is the right
door? Or should we ask Who is the right door?
- John 10:9 (KJV) I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be
saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
A. Jesus is the door. Find Him then you find the right door. Remember the
people who said, “We seek Jesus!”
B. We see here that if a person finds Him he can enter the door and go in
and out and find pasture. Or in other words Christ is the door we keep
coming to meet all our needs.
- Philippians 4:19 (KJV) But my God shall supply all your need according
to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
C. There is a road or path leading to the door.
- Matthew 7:13-14 (KJV) 13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is
the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many
there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow
is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
II. We must first
‘Ask’ and we do this by calling on His Name for Salvation
- Romans 10:13 (KJV) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord
shall be saved.
A. To get on the right road to the right door we much first be saved,
become a believer. You cannot get to the right door without Jesus.
- Mark 9:23 (KJV) Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things
are possible to him that believeth.
B. We seek by doing
- Matthew 6:33 (KJV) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his
righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
1. We stand at the door dressed correctly.
2. We are now ready to knock dressed in His righteousness.
- 2 Corinthians 5:21 (KJV) For he hath made him to be sin for
us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in
III. When we knock, He
hears and answers our knock.
- 1 John 5:15 (KJV) And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask,
we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
A. He is always there and never turns anyone away.
- John 6:37 (KJV) All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him
that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
IV. We should listen, we are His sheep and should know His voice.
Then we should also hear the sound of His knocking.
- Revelation 3:20-21 (KJV) 20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if
any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and
will sup with him, and he with me. 21 To him that overcometh will I
grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set
down with my Father in his throne.
A. Let us enter into His gates with thanksgiving in our hears knowing
that if we ask, seek and knock He will hear and answer.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
©Copyright 2016 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles