IN MOMENTS LIKE
My wife is a Gospel
Singer and one of her favorite chorus is 'In moments like these'. I
recently read something from Rick Warren and got the inspiration for
this outline message about the moments we spend before the Lord! Time is
one of them most important blessings God has given us and the time we
give to the Lord is the best investment we can make in life as it truly
gives the best benefits
I. During our Happy Moments We should PRAISE GOD!
- Psalm 40:3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto
our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
A. God can use our Happiness and Praise to him to win souls to Christ.
1. A Christian should not only be happy but should show that
happiness that the world may see that we have a song and peace that the
world cannot give.
B. If we praise God in all our happy moments we will be happy when we go
- Psalm 42:4 When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for
I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God,
with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.
- Psalm 43:4 Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding
joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.
C. Remember the psalmist was glad not sad when asked to go to the house
of the Lord!
- Psalm 122:1 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house
of the LORD.
II. Then in our 'Difficult Moments' we should always SEEK GOD!
A. We can always tell Him our problems and he will listen.
- Job 5:8 I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause:
B. We should not be afraid to tell God our problems.
- Psalm 69:32 The humble shall see this, and be glad: and your heart
shall live that seek God.
C. He is always there to hear and understand.
- Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God,
thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all
1. We need to seek Him with all our heart.
2. Daniel was determined to seek the Lord with his problems.
Daniel 9:3 And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and
supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:
III. In Quiet Moments We need to WORSHIP GOD!
- Psalm 99:5 Exalt ye the LORD our God, and worship at his footstool;
for he is holy.
A. John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him
in spirit and in truth.
1. If we walk and live in the spirit it is easily to worship
IV. Painful moments we need to TRUST GOD!
A. For is our rock and strong tower.
- 2 Samuel 22:3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield,
and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour;
thou savest me from violence.
B. He will deliver from evil.
- Psalm 7:1 O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all
them that persecute me, and deliver me:
C. We need not fear man.
- Psalm 56:4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I
will not fear what flesh can do unto me.
V. Every moment we should THANK GOD!
A. We do not give thanks for everything but we give thanks because we are
found in the Will of God. It is in not for!
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (KJV) In every thing give thanks: for this is the
will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
- 1 Chronicles 29:13 Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise
thy glorious name.
1. Ephesians 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns
and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the
2. Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly
in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns
and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
a. Someone once said that they thought only old
people talked to themselves. The truth is old people and Spirit filled
people talk to themselves.
Closing with the words of: 'In moments like these'
In moments like these I sing out a
I sing out a love song to Jesus.
In moments like these I lift up my hands,
I lift up my hands to the Lord.
Singing I love You, Lord.
Singing I love You, Lord.
Singing I love You, Lord,
I love You.
Prayer of Release
- I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that He is able to guard
what I have entrusted to Him until the day of His return.
2 Timothy 1:12 NLT
Heavenly Father, I release to you the
burdens that I have been carrying, burdens that You never intended
for me to carry. I cast all my cares upon You-all my worries, all my
Father, calm my restless spirit,
quiet my anxious heart, still my troubling thoughts with the
assurance that You are in control. I let go of my grip upon the
things I have been hanging onto, with opened hands I come to You.
I thank You for Your promise to
sustain me, preserve me, and guard all that I have entrusted to Your
keeping. Protect my heart and mind with Your peace, the peace that
passes all understanding. Father, may Your will be done in my life,
in Your time, and in Your way.