Give us this
In this sermon outline we
chose these words Give us this day from the ever-repeated prayer Jesus
taught the Church to pray. Sorry to say to many who memorized it
has just become words. However, every word and phase is important.
We have chosen only these words in this sermon outline "Give us this
day..." from the Lords prayer. May this outline give us some
insight to the words He taught us 2,000 years ago that is still in force
today as a promise our Father God will answer.
Matthew 6:9-13(KJV) 9 After
this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in
earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as
we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For
thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
I. GIVE US THIS DAY... WHY DID JESUS TEACH
A. He never wasted His Words.
1. Every Word of God is important.
2. We are to live by His Word. Matthew 4:4 (KJV) But he
answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but
by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
3. His Word is unchanging, because He is unchanging Hebrews
13:8 (KJV) Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and forever.
Malachi 3:6 (KJV) For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of
Jacob are not consumed.
4. His Word is settled; Psalms 119:89 (KJV) For ever, O LORD,
thy word is settled in heaven.
II. WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT FROM THIS DAY?
- Psalms 118:24 (KJV) This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will
rejoice and be glad in it.
A. We can rejoice because God has given and made this day.
1. Why can we rejoice, because anything God makes is good and
what He gives is good.
- James 1:17 (KJV) Every good gift and every perfect gift is
from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no
variableness, neither shadow of turning.
2.Every day is a gift from the Lord and the older you grow
the more you know and appreciate each day.
a. We can be glad in it as we know He will never
leave us this day.
b. If we permit Him He will teach us and guide
- Matthew 28:20 (KJV) Teaching them to observe
all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway,
even unto the end of the world. Amen.
c. Most of all we can rejoice in our salvation.
d. Joy is the byproduct of obedience.
III. THANK GOD THAT THIS DAY IS THE DAY OF HIS SALVATION.
- 2 Corinthians 6:2 (KJV) (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time
accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now
is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
A. Today anyone anywhere can be Saved and receive Christ as a personal
Saviour. He never turns anyone away.
B. Today is an accepted time for you to accept and receive His Salvation.
1. Not only today but also right NOW! Romans 10:13 (KJV) For
whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
C. How do we accept and receive?
- Romans 10:9-10 (KJV) 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the
Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth
unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto
IV. THIS IS THE DAY FOR THE SINNER TO BE SAVED AND IT IS THE DAY FOR
THE BELIEVER TO WALK BY FAITH WITH THE LORD IN PEACE, JOY AND VICTORY!
A. As always God give us the choice. Give us this Day? It is for us to
1. My wife Marge's favorite promise from God.
- Matthew 6:33-34
(KJV) 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no
thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things
of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
2. Consider what happens in one day.
In a 24 hour period, if you're an adult of
average weight, here is what you accomplish:
- Your heart beats 103,689 times
Your blood travels 168,000,000 miles
- You breathe 23,040 times
- You inhale 438 cubic feet of air.
- You eat 3.25 pounds of food
- You drink 2.9 quarts of liquids
- You lose 7/8 pound of waste.
- You speak 4,800 words, including some unnecessary ones
- You move 750 muscles
- Your nails grow .000046 inch
- Your hair grows .01714 inch
- You exercise 7,000,000 brain cells.
CONCLUSION: TAKE THE DAY FOR SALVATION, VICTORY
AND PEACE AND REMEMBER.
- Psalms 84:10-11 (KJV) 10 For a day in thy courts is better than a
thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to
dwell in the tents of wickedness. 11 For the LORD God is a sun and
shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he
withhold from them that walk uprightly.