FOUR PRINCIPLES NEEDED FOR
THE SPIRITED FILLED LIFE!
To live a overcoming, victorious and faithful Spirit filled Christian
live then there are principles we need to apply to our lives. In this
outline we are including four of the principles that we need to form a
foundation for the Spirit filled live. (Gal 5:25 KJV) If we live in the
Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
I. A life of increasing prayer.
A. We must pray for our enemies.
Pray for one another.
- James 5:16 (KJV) Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for
another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a
righteous man availeth much.
First pray for those in authority over us.
- 1 Tim 2:1-2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications,
prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
- 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a
quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
B. When we pray the angels are released to work.
- Hebrews 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to
minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
1. The angels came and ministered to Jesus
2. The church prayed and the angel came to prison to release
3. The angel came to Paul.
II. A life feeding on the Word of God!
- Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from
faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
A. Word put faith to work in our lives.
- Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word
B. We must never compromise with the Word of God!
- Matt 24:14 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not
III. A life of Worship.
- Eph 5:19 (KJV) Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and
spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
- Col 3:16 (KJV) Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all
wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and
spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
A. Our worship should not be a ’Floor Show’.
B. We should be lead into ’worship’ and not ’pushed into it’.
- John 4:23 (KJV) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true
worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the
Father seeketh such to worship him.
- John 4:24 (KJV) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship
him in spirit and in truth.
1. Worship is the lost chord of evangelicalism. Howard Hendricks
2. When men stop worshipping God, they promptly start worshipping man,
with disastrous results. George Orwell
3. I believe a very large majority of churchgoers are merely unthinking,
slumbering worshipers of an unknown God. Charles H. Spurgeon
4. If you’ve made a habit of communing with God when the sun is shining,
you’ll find it much easier to sing in the rain. Bill Pannell,
IV. God’s standard for us is to a unity with the people of God!
- John 17:21 (KJV) That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me,
and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may
believe that thou hast sent me.
A. There is power in unity. Power when we pray together.
- Matt. 18:18-20 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth
shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall
be loosed in heaven. 19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall
agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be
done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20 For where two or three
are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
B. We are increased 10 fold.
- Deu 32:30 How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to
1. Church-goers are like coals in a fire.
When they cling together, they keep the flame aglow; when
they separate, they die out. -- Billy Graham,
2. At a recent meeting, our leader suggested, "None of us is
as smart as all of us." Words to live by, I think.
3. United we stand, divided we fall.
4. No man can serve two masters. Matthew 6:24
5. If a house be divided against itself, that house cannot
stand. Mark 3:25
6. A threefold cord is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12
7. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to
dwell together in unity! Psalm 133:1
8. We must all hang together, or we shall all hang
separately. Benjamin Franklin
9. Weak things united become strong.
10. If a link is broken, the whole chain breaks. Yiddish
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
©Copyright 2002-2020 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles