The Word of God is filled with promises of blessing for those who obey
the Lord. In this outline we list just five of the blessings found in
Deuteronomy the 14th verse and what the blessing should be used for in
verses 28-29 and that we can have those blessings if we learn to obey
- Deuteronomy 14:26 (KJV) And thou shalt bestow that money for
whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine,
or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt
eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and
- Deuteronomy 14:26 (Amplified Bible)
26And you may spend that money for whatever your appetite craves, for
oxen, or sheep, or new wine or strong[er] drink, or whatever you desire;
and you shall eat there before the Lord your God and you shall rejoice,
you and your household.
I. Here are five blessings that we may receive from the Lord.
A. First we see "Oxen" -- This was the "work animal" of the Old
Testament Israelites; it represents your substance -- your livelihood,
your shelter, your financial health.
1. People worked and they prospered.
B. Second is "Sheep" -- This was the source of both food and clothing;
it represents your necessities -- God will never let you go without the
needs of you life being met. God loves you.
Philippians 4:19 (KJV) But my God shall supply all your need according
to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
C. Third is "Wine" -- This is a symbol of joy, flowing from the Fruit of
the Spirit; God is committed to growing you spiritually.
- Ephesians 5:18-20 (KJV) 18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is
excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19 Speaking to yourselves in
psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your
heart to the Lord; 20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and
the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
D. Forth is "Strong drink" -- This was used for healing; it's a picture
of God's healing power in your life!
- 1 Timothy 5:23 (KJV) Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for
thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.
1. Strong drink should only be used for medicine.
- Proverbs 20:1 (KJV) Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and
whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
2. No one has more power than Jesus and He is our healer yesterday, today
3. He is not the great I was, nor the great I am going to be, HE IS THE
GREAT "I AM". A present help in the time of trouble.
E. Fifth the promise states, "Whatever your soul desires".
1. God wants to give you the longings of your heart!
2. Can He do it?
- John 10:10 (KJV) The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill,
and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might
have it more abundantly.
- Ephesians 3:20 (KJV) Now unto him that is able to do exceeding
abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that
worketh in us,
II. What are these blessings for?
- Deuteronomy 14:28-29 (KJV) 28 At the end of three years thou shalt
bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay
it up within thy gates: 29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor
inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the
widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be
satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine
hand which thou doest.
A. Notice the blessings are for people who pay tithes to the Lord.
1. The blessings are so great it is piled in the gates.
- Malachi 3:10 (KJV) Bring ye all the tithes into the
storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now
herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of
heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough
to receive it.
2. For the benefit of:
a. Ministers of the Gospel. (Levites)
b. To the needy in foreign countries, foreign
c. To help the "Orphans".
d. To the "Widows".
- James 1:27 (KJV) Pure religion and undefiled
before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in
their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
- Proverbs 19:17 (KJV) He that hath pity upon the
poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
ęCopyright 2002-2020 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles