BURNING FIRE OF GOD CHANGES SITUATIONS!
God’s fire is actually is the
anointing of the Holy Spirit. He changes our lives when He
I. Moses old and shepherd.
A. Failed to do God’s work at age 40
B. Now God moves in at age 80. We are never too old.
C. (humor) Our pastor called the other day and told my wife, Helen, that
at her age she should start thinking about the hereafter.
"Oh, I do, I do," Helen told him. "No matter where I am, I ask
myself, 'What am I here after?'"
1. God can use us at any age. Never to young or too heart.
a. Just, hear and do in Jesus Name.
b. Moses was wise and quiet. Wisdom doesn't
automatically come with old age. Nothing does -- except
wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only
if the grapes were good in the first place.
- Exodus 3:1 "Now Moses kept the flock of
Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led
the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the
mountain of God, even to Horeb."
- Exodus 3:2 "And the angel of the LORD
appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a
bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire,
and the bush was not consumed."
C. Bush not consumed. This got Moses attention.
- Exodus 3:3 "And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this
great sight, why the bush is not burnt."
1. This was the begging of a life change in Moses.
- Exodus 3:4 "And when the LORD saw that he turned aside
to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush,
and said, Moses,
2. The Holy Spirit will speak to us by passing even our ears
to speak to our hearts if we come to Him.
D. Our part to be used of God at any age.
1. Our part is to answer His call and voice, “Here am
2. Learn to obey, Dr. B.J. Miller once said, "It is a
great deal easier to do that which God gives us to do, no
matter how hard it is, than to face the responsibilities of
not doing it."
3. Instant obedience is the only kind of obedience there is;
delayed obedience is disobedience. Whoever strives to
withdraw from obedience, withdraws from Grace.
II. Moses wants to know Gods Name.
Moses said, What is your name? What shall I say unto
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said,
Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM
hath sent me unto you.
A. He is not the great I was. He is not the great I am going
to be. HE IS THE GREAT I AM! MAL. 3:6. HEB. 13:8
III. God met every need even on the desert. Phil. 4:13
- Exodus 13:21 "And the LORD went before them by day
in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night
in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and
- Exodus 13:22 "He took not away the pillar of the
cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before
A. The desert is hot during the day and cold at night. God
gave the children of Israel air conditioning.
IV. God protection.
- Zech 2:5 "For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a
wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst
A. Not only a heater of the night keeping them warm but also
keeping wild animals away and even enemies of the land,
V. God's fire can refine us. Why? So we can know Him.
- Zech 13:9 "And I will bring the third part through
the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and
will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name,
and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they
shall say, The LORD is my God."
A. Go wants His fire to be in us.
- Mat 3:11 "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he
that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am
not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy
Ghost, and with fire:"
1. "May not a single moment of my life be spent outside
the light, love and joy of God's presence and not a moment
without the entire surrender of my self as a vessel for Him
to fill full of His Spirit and His love." - Andrew
B. It is in the angels and His ministers.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit: