EYES OF JESUS!
(Mat 9:35-38 KJV) And Jesus went about all the cities and
villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the
gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every
disease among the people. But when he saw the multitudes, he
was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and
were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd. Then
saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous,
but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the
harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
IN THIS OUTLINE WE SEE THAT WHEN JESUS WOULD SEE THE NEED HE
WOULD BE MOVED NOT WITH PITY BUT WITH COMPASSION. PITY IS
NOT COMPASSION, PITY IS AN EMOTION BUT COMPASSION IS THAT
PLUS COMPASSION DOES SOMETHING ABOUT THE SITUATION.
I. We must see with the eyes of Jesus! When He saw the
multitudes He always did something.
A. When He saw the hungry he fed them. Matt 14:15-21.
B. When He saw The sick, He healed them.
- Matt. 14:14 And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was
moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.
C. When He saw the tormented He set them free. Mark 5:2-15.
II. We need to feel like Jesus
felt. He was moved with compassion.
A. Ten times the New Testament refers to Jesus moving with
B. Pity is not compassion.
1. Pity just feels bad.
2. Compassion does something about the situation.
a. Pity is a human emotion but compassion is work
of faith and love.
3. Jesus knows all about us, our feelings and needs.
- Heb 4:15 KJV For we have not an high priest which cannot
be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in
all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
C. Jesus wants us to treat one another with compassion.
- Mat 18:33 KJV Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy
fellow servant, even as I had pity on thee?
D. Jesus saw the blind.
- Mat 20:34 KJV So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their
eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they
E. The leper.
- Mark 1:41 KJV And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand,
and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.
F. Jesus wants you to spread the His message of compassion.
- Mark 5:19 KJV Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go
home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord
hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.
G. Jesus sees the lost.
- Mark 6:34 KJV And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was
moved with compassion toward them, because they were as
sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many
H. Compassion for the hungry.
- Mark 8:2 KJV I have compassion on the multitude, because they
have now been with me three days, and have nothing to eat:
I. He sees the broken hearted.
- Luke 7:13 KJV And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her,
and said unto her, Weep not.
J. He teaches us compassion.
- Luke 10:33 KJV But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where
he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
III. Our lives should reflect the Lord Jesus Christ.
A. To see ourselves fully in a reflection in a mirror we must be
close to it.
This is why so many times Jesus calls us to Himself.
Follow, come to Him and learn of Him.
1. When we do that the world should see our fruits and the
light we share should be likeness of Jesus and His Word.
2. I love the words of the old chorus: ‘To be like Jesus’
He lifted up the fallen man, He
gave the world a helping hand,
His heart was touched each time He saw a soul in need;
Displaying kindness everywhere, Mercy and love was His
And like this Man of Galilee I want to be.
To be like Jesus, To be like Jesus, All I ask to be
All thro' life's journey from earth to Glory, All I ask
to be like Him.
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit: