Detours off of the
Road to Hell!
that in all of our lives that God has detours on the broad way that
leads to death to the narrow way that leads to life. In this outline we
list a few of the detours God places along the way to get us from the
road to hell to the road that eventually leads to heaven.
(Mat 7:13 KJV) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and
broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which
go in thereat: (Mat 7:14 KJV) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is
the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
I. The road to hell, paved by the devil with lies is:
B. Many are going that way.
- Joel 3:14 (KJV) Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for
the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
C. It leads to destruction.
II. The road to God is:
1. It is the only way. John 14:6 (KJV) Jesus saith unto him,
I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father,
but by me.
2. It leads to eternal life.
a. Abundant Life. John 10:10 (KJV) The thief
cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come
that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
b. Peace and Joy. John 14:27 (KJV) Peace I leave
with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto
you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
c. Few seem to find it: Mat 22:14 For many are
called, but few are chosen.
B. However it is for every one. Romans 10:13 (KJV) For whosoever shall
call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
III. God loves us and has provided a way for everyone to get on the
A. Here are just a few detours that God has to get us off of the road to
destruction to narrow road that leads to eternal life.
1. Local churches. In America we have them everywhere and
they are like lighthouses pointing the way to Christ.
2. Testimonies of Godís people as they tell, live and
demonstrate the Gospel of Salvation.
3. The Bible with its over 35,000 promises.
4. Gospel literature.
5. Gospel radio and television.
6. Revival meetings, in tents, churches and halls.
7. Street meetings and house-to-house evangelism.
8. Motherís prayers.
9. There are others but the last one found before the gates
of hell, is Jesus Christ, crucified by the side of the road. If you pass
this last detour there is no hope in this life or in the life to come.
IV. Everyone can get off of the wide road because God so loved the
Jesus said in (John 6:37 KJV) All that the Father giveth me shall come
to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
A. Let us be a beacon light shining for Jesus calling people from the
broad way to the narrow way.
B. We are all workers together with Christ.
C. I close with this.
- Psa 40:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. I waited patiently
for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
- Psa 40:2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry
clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
- Psa 40:3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our
God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
A man fell into a pit and
couldnít get himself out.
- A SUBJECTIVE person came along and said: "I FEEL for you, down
- An OBJECTIVE . person came along and said:
"Itís logical that someone would fall, down there."
- A CHRISTIAN SCIENTIST came along:
"You only THINK that you are in a pit."
- A PHARISEE said:
"Only BAD people fall into a pit."
- A MATHEMATICIAN
calculated HOW he fell into the pit.
- A NEWS REPORTER
wanted the exclusive story on his pit.
- CONFUCIUS said;
"If you would have listened to me, you would not be in that pit."
- BUDDHA said:
"Your pit is only a state of mind."
- A REALIST said:
"Thatís a PIT."
- A SCIENTIST
calculated the pressure necessary (lbs./sq.in.) to get him out of the pit.
- A GEOLOGIST
told him to appreciate the rock strata in the pit.
- AN EVOLUTIONIST said:
"You are a rejected mutant destined to be removed from the evolutionary
In other words, he is going to DIE in the pit, so that he cannot produce
any "pit-falling offspring."
- The COUNTY INSPECTOR asked if he had a permit to dig a pit.
- A PROFESSOR gave him a lecture on: "The Elementary Principles of
- An EVASIVE person came along and avoided the subject of his pit
- A SELF-PITYING person said:
"You havenít seen anything until youíve seen MY PIT!!"
- An OPTIMIST said:
"Things COULD be worse."
- A PESSIMIST said:
"Things WILL get worse!!"
- JESUS, seeing the man, took him by the hand and LIFTED HIM OUT of
God bless you and yours!
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades
If we could be
of more help or if you want more information please visit:
The Good News
Web Pages and HTML Sources are
©Copyright 2002-2021 |
Web Development: Digital Smiles