BETTER WAY IS ALWAYS
In this sermon outline we point out how that the sufferings of the cross
paid for a better way for us. Jesus had joy in providing a better way.
He is the Way, Truth and the Life!
- Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a
cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which
doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is
set before us,
- Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who
for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the
shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
- Heb 11:40
God having provided some better thing for us, that they
without us should not be made perfect.
I. How can you find joy in cross?
A. Jesus looked to and saw the past.
- Heb 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than
Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying
of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
1. He saw all the saints who died in the past holding on to the faith
and looking to the future.
2. He saw those like Abel who met Godís Standard.
3. God has standards today. His Word is unchanging.
4. Men change but God remains unchanging.
B. He could see into the past on that day that He was faced with the
Cross-and all itís suffering those who kept His testimony.
- Heb 11:5
By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and
was not found, because God had translated
him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased
1. We want more than any thing to hear "Well Done"
- Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet,
moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the
which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which
is by faith.
a. We are warned may times in the Word.
b. We can see the anti-Christ forces. Are we moving?
- Heb 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place
which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went
out, not knowing whither he went.
2. They obeyed. We too must obey God.
II. He saw all those the died in the faith that day He faced the Cross
- Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but
having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced
them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
- Heb 11:32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell
of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson,
and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:
11:33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions
- Heb 11:34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword,
out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to
flight the armies of the aliens.
- Heb 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others
were tortured, not accepting deliverance;
that they might obtain a better resurrection:
- Heb 11:36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea,
moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
- Heb 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were
slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins;
being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
- Heb 11:38 (Of whom the world was
not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and
caves of the earth.
III. The Old Testament saints were not perfect,
- Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith,
received not the promise:
A. They were looking for the Day of the Lord!
IV. Then on that day when the Cross brought joy to Jesus, He saw that
through the shedding of His blood and suffering of the Cross He was
providing a better thing for us.
- Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they
without us should not be made perfect.
A. That better thing was Himself. He was the full payment for the BETTER
WAY! He is the better way.
- John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
1. The Day of the Lord is soon at hand. He will return on day and not
only will meet Him but all the day in Christ shall rise, both old and
new testaments saints.
2. Godís way is always the best way.