(KJV) 17 Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the
earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is
nothing too hard for thee: 18 Thou shewest lovingkindness unto
thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the
bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God,
the LORD of hosts, is his name, 19 Great in counsel, and mighty
in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons
of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according
to the fruit of his doings:
In this out line we
point from birth to resurrection the AMAZING GOD that we serve.
There is not one like HIM and that is one of the reasons we can sing
I. Mary his mother and Joseph marveled of what was spoken of Him
as a child.
- Luke 2:33 (KJV) And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those
things which were spoken of him.
II. When Jesus was 12 they were amazed over when He was
questioned by the Pharisees in the temple.
- Luke 2:48 (KJV) And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his
mother said unto him, Son...
III. His neighbors wondered at His gracious words.
- Luke 4:22 (KJV) And all bare him witness, and wondered at the
gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is
not this Joseph's son?
IV. The Jews marveled that He knew letters having never learned.
- John 7:15 (KJV) And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this
man letters, having never learned?
V. The disciples were amazed at His transfiguration and amazed
and marveled at the miracles He did.
- Matthew 12:23 (KJV) And all the people were amazed, and said, Is
not this the son of David?
VI. The multitudes
wondered and were amazed over His power.
- Matthew 15:31 (KJV) Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when
they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to
walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.
VII The disciples were amazed over the fig tree, talking to
the Samaritan woman and that He could have control over the weather.
- Matthew 8:27 (KJV) But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of
man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!
VIII. The disciples were amazed over His teaching and over His
a. They walked daily in amazement
i. Following Jesus today is a life of amazement when we let
Him into our lives.
IX. Even His enemies were amazed at Him.
- Matthew 22:22 (KJV) When they had heard these words, they
marvelled, and left him, and went their way.
X. Pilate marveled at His restraint.
- Matthew 27:14 (KJV) And he answered him to never a word; insomuch
that the governor marvelled greatly.
XI. Those who executed Jesus were amazed.
- Luke 23:47 (KJV) Now when the centurion saw what was done, he
glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man.
XII. Follow Jesus
and you too will be amazed.
- John 10:4 (KJV) And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth
before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of
my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.