WE NEED THE WORD
WORKING FOUR PLACES IN US!
- Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil;
that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put
bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! (KJV)
I. The Word should first be in our minds.
- Ps 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his
law doth he meditate day and night. (KJV)
A. We must receive the Word first in our minds to know the Word.
We do this when:
1. We hear the Word.
2. We read the Word.
3. We should know the Word
II. We need and must have to Word in our Hearts.
- Ps 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not
sin against thee. (KJV)
- Deut 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: (KJV)
- Deut 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine
heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
A. The word goes into our heart as we digest it in our minds. We do this
1. We chew it by meditating upon the Word.
2. We then can have a spiritual swallow.
a. This is when the Word in our heart (spirit)
becomes the Rhema of the Word.
B. In our minds we can know the Word, but in our hearts we believe the
C. Have you not read a passage over and over perhaps for years, and then
one day, it becomes real to you. You just had a spiritual chew.
You now not only know but you believe it in your heart.
D. You can know a thing and not believe it.
1 When I was taught evolution in school, I knew the theory but did
not believe it.
2. When I was saved, I heard the Word first, it was in my mind.
However, when I received Christ the Word came in to my heart and
I believed the Gospel
3. Jesus Christ is the Living Word!
III. Then the Word needs to be in our MOUTH
- Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy
mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we
- Jos 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy
mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou
mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein:
for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt
have good success. (KJV)
A. Three persons need to hear us speak the Work.
1. First you must hear yourself, confess the Word.
a. When you do hear yourself it is building
yourself up in the most holy faith.
- Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up
yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, (KJV)
b. This is what weight lifters do, football
players, they speak to the weights, and they speak to their
opponents that they can do it.
c. Jesus said to speak to the mountain of our
2. Then the devil needs to hear us speak the Word.
- 1 Pet 5:9 Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing
that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that
are in the world.
a. This is how Jesus dealt with the devil during his
b. We need to speak God's Word to the devil and he will
3. The God needs to hear us speak the Word.
- 2 Cor 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and
in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. (KJV)
a. When He hears us speak His Word He says "YEA".
b. All His promises are Yea and Amen.
When we say Amen with God, we are agreeing with His Word. Matt
18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on
earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be
done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
- Isa 57:19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to
him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD;
and I will heal him.
- Isa 59:21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the
LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put
in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the
mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed,
saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever. (KJV
IV. We need to have the Word in thy Hand. The Hand represents
work and doing.
- Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and
sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing
asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is
a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (KJV)
- Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of
the Spirit, which is the word of God: (KJV)
A. Having the Word in our hands means we must do the Word
- James 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he
is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (KJV)
V. Let us Hear, Believe, Speak and do the Word of God!
God bless you and
On behalf of this generation,
Your friends in the service of Christ,
Tony and Marge Abram
Abundant Life Crusades